Every act of creation is in fact an act of destruction and vice-versa.
Here is an interesting mail I got from my niece...thought it's worth sharing about the recent developments in Japan, read on...
1. THE CALM -Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief.
2. THE DIGNITY - Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
3. THE ABILITY -The incredible architects. For instance - Buildings swayed but didn’t fall.
4. THE GRACE -People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.
5. THE ORDER -No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.
6. THE SACRIFICE - Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
7. THE TENDERNESS - Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.
8. THE TRAINING -The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.
9. THE MEDIA -They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage.
10. THE CONSCIENCE - When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly.